This summer, we want to help you to 'beat the heat!'
We are going to use this section to keep you up to date with the latest summer health advice and tips, as well as information about the impact of heat on health.
To get us started, here are some tips:
- Look after yourself, older people and the young
- Listen to the weather forecast and the news
- Plan ahead to avoid the heat
- Drink plenty of water, cut back on alcohol & caffeinated drinks
- Dress appropriately for the weather
Find somewhere cool
- Know how to keep your home cool
- Go indoors or outdoors, whichever feels cooler
- Cars get hot, avoid closed spaces
- Be on the lookout for signs of heat related illness