Use the right service at the right time

Local health services - Unsure which local health service to use?


If you have a cough or cold, hangover, graze or an upset stomach you can treat the symptoms at home – in fact, staying at home and getting plenty of rest is the best place for you.


Your pharmacist is a qualified clinician who can help you with common health problems including sore throat, diarrhoea and headache.

General practice (GP) doctor’s surgery

Whether you feel ill or not it is essential that you register with a GP local to you. Registering is easy and means you have access to a doctor 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

You should visit your GP for injuries and ongoing illness. They will be able to assess your needs and refer you to a specialist if needed.

Many GP surgeries open longer hours. If your GP surgery is closed, call 111 for out of hours advice.

Urgent care centre

Use these centres if you have an urgent and severe but not life-threatening illness or health problem including wounds, cuts and sprains. Find out more about Bromley’s urgent care centres

Accident and Emergency (A&E)

These are hospital emergency centres that assess and treat patients with life-threatening injuries or illnesses, for example:

  • loss of consciousness
  • very confused state and fits that are not stopping
  • persistent and severe chest pain
  • breathing difficulties
  • severe bleeding that cannot be stopped

If you or someone you are with needs life-saving emergency care, call 999 immediately so an ambulance can be arranged.

NHS Bromley CCG, Global House, 10 Station Approach, Bromley, BR2 7EH

© 2021 Bromley CCG | IP: