Share your concerns

It is our priority to ensure that patients receive the highest quality care in line with best clinical practice. However, sometimes things can go wrong and you may not be happy with the treatment or service you, or a person close to you, has received. You may also have comments or feedback about the way we commission services.

Who can I talk to?

In most cases the best way to resolve your concerns as quickly as possible is with the staff of the service or organisation you are complaining about.It is helpful if the NHS organisation/primary care practitioner providing the service is made aware of your concerns as they may be able to sort these out for you. You can do this immediately by speaking to a member of staff in that organisation.  If the complaint is complex, or you wish a more considered approach to be taken, you will be directed to the Complaints Officer for advice and information.

Before you make a complaint it is important to think about what you want to happen as a result of your complaint. Make it clear what outcomes you are expecting.

For example you may want:

  • An apology
  • An explanation
  • Changes or improvements made
  • To make sure people recognise their mistakes
  • To make sure this doesn't happen again

Use the NHS Complaints Procedure to complain

You can use the NHS Complaints Procedure to complain about anything to do with services that an NHS hospital, community health service or primary care practitioner (for example, GPs, dentists, opticians, pharmacists) has provided.

When you have a complaint about more than one organisation the organisations decide who will take the lead on investigating your complaint and try to work together to provide you with a single response from all services involved.

Who can complain?

Anyone who is receiving/has received treatment/care from an NHS organisation or primary care provider. You can also complain on behalf of someone else if you have their permission to do so in writing.

What is the time limit for making a complaint?

You should normally complain within 12 months of the event, or within 12 months of becoming aware that you have something to complain about. It is sometimes possible to extend this time limit if there are good reasons why you could not complain earlier.

How do I make a complaint?

You can make a complaint verbally, in writing or by email. If you wish to complain about a hospital, community or mental health provider please contact those directly using the contact details below but you may also wish the commissioner of the service to know about your concerns so do please copy the commissioner into your complaint.

If you have a concern or complaint about a GP, dentist, pharmacist or optician that can't be resolved locally with the Practice, please contact NHS England by email or you can contact NHS England on 0300 311 22 33.

If you have any comment or complaint regarding the commissioning of a service please contact the CCG's switchboard on 0203 930 0100 or email 

When will I hear?

Your complaint will be acknowledged within three working days of receipt. This may be by telephone or in writing. Arrangements will be made to contact you to discuss how you would like your complaint to be handled. 

What will happen?

Your concerns will be investigated and you will receive a reply which will aim to show that your concerns have been fully investigated. This should be in line with your agreed complaints plan.

What happens if I remain dissatisfied following the investigation?

Once an organisation believes it has done its utmost to try to address your concerns it will be explained that local resolution is complete and you will be directed to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman . The Ombudsman is independent of both the NHS and the Government and will decide if your complaint should be investigated further. You will need to contact the Ombudsman within 12 months of receiving a final response.

Who do I contact in the first instance?

Bromley Clinical Commissioning Group

T: 0203 930 0100


Primary Care and Specialist Commissioning

NHS England – London

T: 0300 311 2233



Princess Royal University Hospital (Kings College NHS Foundation Trust)

T: 0203 299 3209/4501



Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust – Mental Health, Learning Disabilities and Children, Young People’s and Adult Services

 Complaint Online Form:



Bromley Healthcare – Community Services




NHS Bromley CCG, Global House, 10 Station Approach, Bromley, BR2 7EH

© 2021 Bromley CCG | IP: